http(s)://your_Muse_host:Port/mmc/There are 2 methods for adding a new IP as an allowed IP address from where the MCAA console can be accessed: 1. From the MCAA console (reommmended). Login into the MCAA console from an already allowed IP address and follow the below steps:
- Access the Users top menu;
- From the Users page access the left menu item – Muse Authentication and Authorization Users;
- In the new page select the mcaa user (or the desired administrator user from the list) and click the left menu item – Edit Access Rules;
- In the Edit Access Rules pop-up page, click an Insert link corresponding to the last entry from the list;
- For the new item that was added, edit the IP value and add the desired IP address. When done click the Update button.
- Access the Muse server remotely, the access method differs, depending on the Operating System
(RDP/VNC/TeamViewer,etc. for Windows based systems, SSH/VNC, etc. for Linux based systems);
- Edit the file
- Locate the
USER_RULEsection corresponding to the mcaa user (or the desired administrator). It should look like:
- Add next to the existing IP rules a new entry as following:
, where replace Your_IP_Address with the actual IP address value.
Why do the Source installation date and the status fail to display on the Status page of the Source Console even when the search is successful?
The first step to try to resolve this issue is to update the Source(s) in question. If the installation date and status information still does not display after the Source(s) are updated, it is possible that the XML database is corrupted.
Use our backup & restore utility to recover from this problem. This procedure is detailed under the XMLDB category.
Where do I set email server details so that I can send Source Problem Reports from a Muse Administration Console to Technical Support?
The configuration file for setting the
SUPPORT_EMAIL (the email address where problems are reported) and other SMTP characteristics such as port, SSL/TLS, username/password, certificates, is
$MUSE_HOME/admin/MuseAdmin.xml. A description for each SMTP property can be found in the comments area of the MuseAdmin.xml file and in the “Muse Administrator.pdf” manual.
The email settings from this file are used for sending a Source Problem Report using a Muse Administrator Console, like Muse Console for Applications Administration or Muse Console for Customer Support.
- The SMTP_HOST must be configured to relay emails for the Muse server;
- If the SMTP server uses a secure connection (SSL/TLS) you must provide the necessary certificates. If the SMTP certificate is signed by a known Certificate Authority like Verisign for example, which is in the JDK’s keystore, there is no need to provide the certificate anymore;
- If the SMTP requires authentication then you must provide a working username/password too;
- In order for the changes in the $MUSE_HOME/admin/MuseAdmin.xml file to take effect, the Muse HTTP or Muse Embedded Apache Tomcat server (depending on which is available in your Muse version) must be restarted.
The “An error occured when list personal users for application applicationid: Personal Profile Management System will not be used because it could not be initialized. Probably xmldb location is not properly set. [Connection refused]” error is caused by a wrong port setting in MuseAdmin.xml file.
Please check the
$MUSE_HOME/admin/MuseAdmin.xml file, locate the
tag and check if the port is the same as the one Muse HTTP server/Apache Tomcat (depending on the Muse version) is running on.
In the Muse Source Console, if a Source is deleted with the Configure tab Delete icon, is it possible to restore it from a previous backup/profile or are the backups also deleted?
Deleting a Source through the Console deletes all entry points to that Source from the Console. The backup files are not deleted, however, so the way to access the .bak files for the Source is to add the Source to the Application again. The backups will be available through the Backup/Restore tab once the Source is relinked to the Application. Previous settings will be restored to the Source once the Restore process is done. (Please note that your restore is successful even though there is no on-screen confirmation.)