How can I obtain the SSL certificate from a HTTPS data source?
A certificate is a binary file which provides certain information about that site. Such certificates are signed by authorities.
To save a SSL certificate one must follow the below steps:
– using the Internet Explorer browser navigate to site address;
– select File/Properties, and on the General tab select Certificates;
– a window will appear from which select the Details tab;
– in the next step click the Copy to File button (this will open a wizard to be used to export the certificate of the site);
– when prompted for export file format please choose DER encoded binary format;
– specify the name and the location of the certificate to be saved, press Next and then Finish.