How do I add a new vendor resource into my proxy application?
There are several methods for adding new resources into the Muse Proxy Application for handling the rewriting of vendor platforms, the recommended method is by using the Muse Proxy Administrator Console. The rewriting definitions for a vendor platform are stored in XML files, which we call Muse Proxy Sources.
Mainly the steps for adding a new Muse Proxy Source are:
- Identify the source profile in the existing repository from the EduLib website by accessing this link:
Make use of the search functionality to narrow the results. Any term entered in the search box is searched in the source’s identifier and in the following field values from the source profile:
Once identified, click on the name link and a popup window will open with the details of the source’s profile. Click the
Download Profilelink to download the XML file.
- Access your Muse Proxy Administrator Console, the URL should be of the form:
Login with the
administratoruser and the password that you configured during the setup.
- Navigate to the left menu
Manage Applicationslink. Locate the Muse Proxy Application in use and click on the
Sourcesbutton to access the list of installed sources.
- In the
Sourcespage, click on the
Create source from an existing profileicon, next to the
Quick Filtersearch box.
- In the new page, upload the XML file downloaded at step #1. Upon succesfull upload, you are requested to specify the
Source Identifiervalue, place here the file name without the .xml extension. Also you can change the default name and description values for the source. When done, click the
- The next step is to add the new source profile into a sources group. For doing this, in the
Sourcespage click the
Edit Sources Groupsicon, next to the
Quick Filtersearch box. In the new page click on the
Sourcesicon from the
Actionscolumn, corresponding to the group in which to add the new source. By default only one group exists.
- In the new
Sources Groupspage, click on the plus (
+) icon found next to the new source in the
List of available sourcescolumn.
- Test by accessing a proxified link for the newly added resource. E.g.
https://proxy.domain.com/applicationID?url=vendor_URL, where replace the hostname,
vendor_URLwith the appropriate values.