I often get “timeout” messages from a Source. When performing a search in the native site it takes around 3 minutes to receive results. How do I increase the timeout of a Source?
There are two parameters involved here:
CONNECT_TIME_OUT: specifies the timeout value, in milliseconds, to be used when opening the communication link for each resource (e.g. URL) used by this source.
READ_TIME_OUT: specifies the timeout value, in milliseconds, that is involved upon reading on the communication channels.
One can increase the timeout for a given Source Package by increasing the value in the
READ_TIME_OUT fields (the entry is in milliseconds; 1,000 milliseconds = 1 second). To edit these fields of the source profile one must use the Muse Source Console:
- login into the Muse Source Console
- select the desired application from the list of applications
- go to the “Configure” tab
- click on the “Modify” button for the desired source
- update the “Connect Time Out” and “Read Time Out” inputs with the desired values
- to submit the modifications click on the “Update” button
Note: The values for the “Connect Time Out” and “Read Time Out” fields must be given in milliseconds.