I get “Global InfoBase wrong user name or password” error when listing, updating or adding Source Packages.
Note: After such a port change, Muse HTTP server/Apache Tomcat must be restarted.
- if the outgoing communication to port 8005 is not passed through the transparent proxy (and if there is no firewall blocking such requests on client side), change the port in the
$MUSE_HOME/factory/SourceFactory.xmlfrom 80 to 8005 (e.g. enter 8005 as value in the
- switch the communication of the Muse server with SourceFactory on SSL. Even if the traffic passes through proxy, being on SSL, the proxy will not interfere and the communication will stand. To do this, change the port in the
$MUSE_HOME/factory/SourceFactory.xmlfrom 80 to 443 (e.g. enter 443 as value in the
"field) and also set
field to "yes". Please note that this option is only available fro Muse versions 18.104.22.168 and above.
Follow these steps to save the list of licensed Source Packages (SPs):
– Login to Source Factory, then go to “Source Factory” > “Source Packages List”;
– Select “All” from “Per Page” drop down from the top right page. This will take a few minutes while it builds a list of several thousand Source IDs;
– Perform a search using no specific keywords but by selecting “Released” (instead of “All Values”) as your search criteria in the “Production Status” drop down near the bottom of the page. This search will result in a display of released SPs. This will take a few minutes while it builds a list of several thousand Source IDs;
– When the Source Package list is complete go to the top right hand side of the list. A button labeled “Export to CSV” is displayed. Select this option, let the export run, and then format the report as needed